Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Close CALL!!!

So... For lunch I decided that I was gonna just get some chicken from the Fas-Mart and get gas while I was there... that in and of itself is kind of a "no-no"... you should never buy your food from the same place you get your gas, except WaWa. So, I'm paying no never-mind to my A.O. just reading the screen on the pump, and I look up and there is a dude standing about two feet from me and he says "Hey!" He startled me and for those of you who have ever done that know that I am a Fight or Flight kind of guy... this situation did not lend itself to a "Flight" so I had no other alternative... I snatched him by the Jacket and drew back to plant one right across his face and he yells "WHOA!!! WHOA!!! DON'T HIT ME MAN!!!" I asked him exactly why was he so close to my car and why in the "H" did he sneak up on me. He said, "I was trying to get your attention..." to which I interject "well you got it" and he continues, "Yeah I see!!!" He then proceeds to tell me the story that he and his Preg-o wife just got laid off and he had no money for them to get gas or anything to eat and he needed some cash. I was happy to give it but i reminded him "Hey man, Just so you know... I was about 2 seconds from stomping a mud-hole in your butt and walking it dry, but I will gladly help you..." Funny... and a long story short... if you see me pre-occupied... get my attention well in advance... bang a pot, shoot off a flare, shout really loud.... something or I may have to show you the floor.

1 comment:

jenna sais quann said...

you CRACK ME UP!!!
i love how you fly off the handle when startled and i love how willing you are to help :)