Tuesday, October 7, 2008

(Heavy SIGH)

I have been in the state for "Crabs" for only a few days and it's already wearing me out... Who made this state??? Terrible Idea. I will say (and this will sound gay) I found a great mall here to shop at... I have already started my Christmas shopping.... How exciting? I really do enjoy buying stuff for people, I think that Gift Certificates, unless you really don't know someone, are the best way to say, "hey, I could really care less about putting effort into buying you something so here's the Lazy way out" it almost reminds me of the Italian Mafia where they give their wives $100 and say "go get yourself something nice" just to get them out of their hair. I take pride in the fact that when gifts are called for, I put concerted effort into finding that one special thing for someone so when you receive a gift from me, it usually has thought and effort behind it... for example, I shopped for about 2 hours today and bought for just one person and only got them two things... I think that's probably why I start my shopping in October. Anyways, I thought that maybe I would get a back rub by one of them Chinamen in the mall... I wouldn't be the first bit surprised to wake up with bruises all over my back... I thought that maybe he wanted to fight... Needless to say, that crap hurt... no thanks. and let me top it off with a typical Jonathan Burke story... I have never been a fan of kiosks in the mall... they usually lash out at you and rub some lotion on your hand, try to pluck your eyebrows, get you to buy a pound puppies calendar... but this one, the "Hefty" young lady was just sitting there reading a book and minding her business... That actually lured me in... she was selling what looked to be "bootleg" CD's and I thought, "man, that's odd, selling bootleg cuts in the mall... right across from FYE" then I looked up and read the sign... "Straight from D.C.... "Go-Go cuts".... now you KNOW you are in the Ghetto when they are selling Go-Go CD's in the mall on CD-Rs...

2 comments:

beckers said...

i just want to guess which mall you are at... it starts with an "A" and is the mall that midevil times is at!! anandale i think...? ok if im right i totally agree! it is amazing! ok so i realized this just now and hope that you are embracing the fact that you are in baltimore! the city of HAIRSPRAY!! please tell me you have sung the song at least once since arriving! i was on a bike ride today and my friends and i were singing all of the songs of that dear to my heart musical and it reminded me of many people, you of which being one of them. staffords very own corny collins!!! so if you havent embraced this fact of where you are for that, then please take just 2 miuntes and sing the song!!!
enjoy your time there! go to the aquarium, i hear it is amazing, take a picture at camedon yards (oreols baseball field) and have some fun, as i see you have already managed to do at the mall!

Josh and Jadey said...

Well I guess I won't be getting you a gift certificate! JK.. I definitely could understand that possibly being in Baltimore by yourself could be not fun. However, for the most part it is a beautiful city with a lot of history. There is a pub in the downtown area a few blocks away from the Aquarium towards the baseball stadium called "Burkes" pub or restaurant. Check it out cuz Josh and I want to go sometime, just haven't had the chance. We miss you and will see you this weekend hopefully!