Thursday, May 8, 2008

Continuation from Kevin's Blog - The REAL story

As a child, I can remember summers better than anything. mostly because they were spent at my Nana's house, and with my brother Joshua. I never really had very many friends of my own, in fact, I didn't want any... I just followed Joshua around and played with his friends. Due to the stupendous amount of "growing up" I have unfortunately had to face over the past year by way of divorce, I have been negligent of remembering such great times... In fact, I hoping to recapture some of those feelings this weekend when Joshua, Jadey, Kevin, Tori, Cierra (the girls), and I visit Busch Gardens, Europe. Theme parks always remind me of my adolescent days, when my mother and father would take us to King's Dominion, but I digress... I am fortunate enough to have the privilege of being a parent, and while I agree with Kevin that it can get ultra frustrating, there is so much joy in being a father. The telling of yesterday's events by Kevin (read his blog) were not only true, but sad to me. Due to the limited time I get to spend with Hambone, I feel as though I have a deeper respect of the time I get with her... Kevin is a superior role model in fathering, I have yet to meet a more active dad in a child's life. now on to the funnies.... Yes, what Kevin was saying is in fact true, there are 20 or so kids that hang out and play, and usually one parent that is spending time with those children (Kevin). So, like with all children, there has to be a solid foundation of fun, love, care, and discipline... in this post, I'll discuss the latter. As we were sitting in the kitchen, going over several issues that I'm dealing with, Kevin politely excused himself and said, I'll be right back... the next thing I heard was Kevin "giving the neighborhood kids the business"... If I was 8 and an adult came out side and fired me up the way Kevin did those kids... I would had straight pooped my pants and NEVER so much as cast a shadow on their doorstep EVER again... My childhood memories were silenced by "Army Basic Training" memories, which i hope to have little remembrance of... although I can say it was done appropriately, more questions to the fact of, "where are these kids parents?" and "do they even know where their kids are or, more importantly, who there friends are?" Sydney loves "the girls" and always asks to go see them on Wednesday when I pick her up, so, with Kevin's consent, this will become a standard practice... Visiting Kevin I mean, not recking shop on pre-teens....

2 comments:

Kevin said...

what did I say? embellishment at it's finest! I'm not so sure my words or tone would've caused the kid to drop a load his drawers, but this was funny nonetheless.

Josh and Jadey said...

I would like to know what Kevin said as well....