Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Court Case

Before I even go any further, I would like to offer this thought and get your feedback about my favorite attorney... could it be possible that Jason was so deeply influenced by the late 80's sit-com "Night Court" that he decided to be an attorney? anyways... that was the "random thought" (of many) for today. Yesterday, I was a guest of Stafford County Juvenile and Domestic Court at the "request" of the Honorable Gerald Daltan... The case... final disposition of custody for Sydney... I am glad to report two things... Shauna and I actually are communicating much better, and Judge Daltan agreed to "allow" us to decide the custody arrangement... the arrangement goes like this... currently I get Sydney 3 weekends in a row and then she has a weekend with her mother, in addition to this, i have also gained "weekly visits" where I get to pick up "Hambone" on Wednesdays for a couple of hours. on October 22, 2009 (when she turns 4) Shauna and I will share custody on a week-on week-off basis. Granted, this is far off, I was surprised that the Judge ordered it... as a general "rule of thumb" they don't make judgments on the future... I was really encouraged at the fact that I will be able to be in a more "influential" role, as it is hard to parent just on the weekend. I'd ask you all to please pray for my patience when it comes to this situation, and to everyone who has been helping me raise my daughter, we truly do love and appreciate you for it. Everything from "watching" her when I have practice, to letting her play with your kids, you all are very dear to me.

1 comment:

Josh and Jadey said...

Uhh, night court I hated that show!!