Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busch Gardens... Best Time Ever!!!

SO... if you looked at my previous post you'd know where I was Saturday... Busch Gardens!!! I have to admit I'm a little torn over Busch Gardens vs. King's Dominion... KD is the childhood classic, but it's not really anything like it was when i was a kid 15 years ago. Busch Gardens is double the distance, but I'm starting to feel that it's worth it... The park cleanliness far supersedes that of kings dominion, (but so do the alleys on firth sterling in SW D.C.) and it is definitely more "themed". The food there was absolutely outstanding, the staff was courteous and they have the best deal for the summer... buy one admission ($56) and come all summer long... and their season pass is $124, but it INCLUDES FOOD! now that's a deal you can't pass up! I can't begin to tell you how much fun this trip was... anything with Josh is usually just that much better. lines were fair and moved at a decent rate. My most surprising event was Cierra and Tori Dowker... Cierra rode EVERYTHING in the park she could and little Tori rode all she could... there's nothing funnier then watching a 50 pound 9 year old riding roller coasters that scared the crap outta ME!!! She was a real trooper when it came to rides that she couldn't ride... a trip to the land of the dragons and she was happy. Joshua, Jadey and I will be frequenting the park this year, so if you are interested, let us know!!! I'll leave you with this final thought, if you had to choose one, which would you pick, King's Dominion, or Busch Gardens?

2 comments:

Josh and Jadey said...

This was def. a great trip. Anything with family and the Dowker family is a good time. I have to admit KD has my "childhood" heart. So many memories, however BG is def. a new favorite. Josh put it best, "BG is an experience". The only thing I do not like about BG is the fact they make you rent lockers for your bags. Where as unless it has changed KD had cubbies you could place your belongings in until you got off of they ride.. That is my only "con" about BG. It was a good time and spending time with the Dowker girls made oh the better!

Unknown said...

For my money.....BG hands down. Sorry but I would double the distance any day! Park setting is a big deal for me and I think the rides are better and the food is great. I always take the kids and spouse on the "Salute to Heros" and love it. Never really had to wait in long lines and i hate to admit it but as I grow older my attention has turned to the shows. Don't really get that at KD. Don't get me wrong, I like KD. It was way better than that fiasco in Maryland. However anything Free for at a way reduced price. Thanks WHCA. Anyway, I my childhood memories are of the original "Six Flags" - "Six flags over Texas."