Monday, May 19, 2008

Awesome Weekend...

Well.... It's Monday (and I think I have a case of the Mondays). But this weekend was awesome... Let's start with Friday night, Nah, Thursday... Kevin Dowker had invited Bobby-O and I over to which we RSVPed Yes. I always value the time I get to spend with Kevin, because he can so closely relate to my situation (and I have been singing "Grace Greater than all our sin since yesterday in the parking lot... THANKS). Bobby-O, need I say more? I will say this about Bobby (Uncle Chad to Tori and Cierra), He is one of the few friends that I feel I can truly be myself around, without fear of reproach. This weekend was really defined to my by "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I shall be also." Friday was a repeat, but with Josh, Jadey and my daughter Sydney... Sydney loves Tori and Cierra so she had equal fun. Saturday morning was spent running errands, and taking care of some neglected items around the house. Saturday afternoon was spent at the residence of the Marks family to send Becky and Michelle off to summer camp. while they will be missed, I'm certain that they will be fulfilling the calling set forth in the great commission. Sunday was like all Sundays, my favorite day of the week. I played bass at church, and got to meet Ms. Cori Driggers, a person whom I'm told has been coming to SBC for a while. Let me just say... that girl can SING!!! The more I think about it, it is ridiculous how many people at the church are so talented... I mean the list just goes on!!! After church, Josh Lopez (J. Lo), and I spearheaded a lunch at county fare that was great, no, phenomenal. I was blessed to be asked by Ben Cartwright (not from Bonanza) to play a little African hand-drum known as the Djembe (pronounced "Jem-Bay) at the Lakeside church plant. And now for some drum geek knowledge: According to the Bamana people in Mali, the name of the djembe comes directly from the saying "Anke dje, anke be" which literally translates to "everyone gather together", and defines the drum's purpose. "Dje" is the verb for "gather" in Bamanakan, and "be" translates as "everyone" in Bamanakan. Again, some SBC talent was showcased as Brittany and Alyssa Thomason sang, and Ben was SHRED-ING guitar. The ride there had to be my favorite part, we were talking about the movie Joe Dirt and there was a line that i forgot all about until Ben said it, "My arms are large and in charge and looking for chickies" I'm hysterical as I type this. After Lakeside, Bobby-O and I went to my parents house and played rummy with my Mom, Dad, Aunt Bonnie, and Damian. I'll let Bobby fill you in on that "experience". As we were leaving, we were greeted at the door by the Quanns, always a pleasure to see them. We followed up this visit with another to Mary Washington Hospital to see Nayrb Ttocs (formerly known as Bryan Scott)... He was in good spirits, compared to my stint in the hospital (if you came to see me, you know what that's about). finally, Bobby and I decided to pack it in and head back, so we stopped at Taco Bell and got something to eat... Bobby, "Linda wants you to scratch her back" that's all I gotta say. In summation I'll say this... "I never knew there could be such a thing as a perfect weekend."



1 comment:

Kevin said...

love the new template - man, that's some large text.