Monday, August 4, 2008

Great weekend to follow up with terrible thursday...

Well... as this weekend drew to a close, I have to say it was bittersweet. The bitter parts: Bobby-O, Zach, and Stacy left for Indonesia... it's only bitter in the fact that they will be out of my life for 10 days (Selfish). Colby and Annie are officially out of town. This morning I heard something on the radio that reminded me of Colby, I wish he had a phone so I could have called and left it as a message... (I heard total eclipse of the heart)... and I found out some disturbing info about my daughter's living situation... I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill on that one, it's definitely not the first choice of mine. I have to rest in the fact that Christ is ultimately in control and he will protect her in all situations, and it reminds me that I don't have the control over my life, let alone Sydney's, therefore the charge is: "Trust him"... something I think is hard to do, not just for me, but for all of us. The sweet parts: I did get to spend time with Bobby-O and Ben... Good quality time. I also got to spend a sizable amount of time with some "old friends" and get to reconnect with them, that was really uplifting. Now let's talk about the best part of the weekend... SBC 3-on3... Kevin Dowker put on a spectacular event that drew in the remaining funds needed for the Indonesia Missions Trip... Hat's off to Kevin "The Dowkum Powder" Dowker... Great event! Finally, I got to see my Nephew who is serving our country in the Marine Corps (OOH-RAH) before he "goes down range" to Protect and Defend. I am soliciting your prayers not just for Matthew, but all military members... My Gramps had a bumper sticker on his truck that simply stated, "If you love your Freedom, Thank a VET"... I know I read that sticker a thousand times and i will say that it played a part in my call to service, I was glad to be a part of the best Army in the world... in closing, this weekend has been great, I look forward to what lies ahead...

No comments: