Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I just got audited... Spiritually...

There are several titles that would fit this blog... but that one "rocked my socks". Yesterday, Kevin made a comment at Bible Study (AKA: B-Stud) about accountability. I got the chance to be "audited" by the Kevin Dowker himself... one word that describes this... Ouch!!! (but in a good way)... I have held to the fact that true friendship is being able to flat call someone out on something, and have them thank you for it. That's what happened tonight with the Dowk... Let me please say... He finessed it a little bit... to make the pill easier to swallow, but after about an hour of that with little to no results he loaded the shotgun and blasted me in the wig... I gotta say, a few things about this method... The best way to get to me, by far. I am really receptive to that method... I don't get subtle hints. Being called out, not on any particular "Sin" but just heading down a path of poor choices that ultimately lead to sin has been most helpful... I feel even more open to discussing "the real issues" with him... seeing the genuineness that comes from him... and hearing him relate bad choices within his own life make you realize that we are just sinners saved by grace and that we all struggle... there is a song by Donnie McClurkin called "we fall down" and one of the lines is "for a saint is just a sinner who fell down... and then got back up". Satan's desire for us to live defeated... defeated in our sin, and short comings, however, Christ offers grace that covers all... so if you fall down, then get back up, and if you need a hand, reach out to a fellow brother (or sister) in Christ.

No comments: