Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm back and better than ever!!!

Alright... the BLOG-STRIKE is over!!! I waited two weeks, now I'm back in action... with tales of "Rediculi" that can only be expereinced in "The Life and Times of Jonathan P. Burke"... Wow, so much has happened since the the two week sign off I will just have to say, I guess you missed out on some goodies, but oh well, and truthfully, I don't know that you "Missed out". Most all things have been positive, maybe there is some negative things in that time span, but nothing comes to mind... Kevin Dowker (AKA: The Dowkem Powder) and I have been meeting for accountability and that has really brought me around in several areas of life... I am very grateful to have a friend such as him. plus the Mushroom/Squash thing that he cooks could possibly be the best thing I have eaten in my life. I set up a Face Book account and already, I'm loving it! I have re-connected with several friends from High School, people I haven't seen in 7+ years. It is so cool to me... being able to see them and for them to see me now... Again, Face Book could possibly be the best thing on the Internet. I'm starting school on September 29th and I'm super excited... getting my degree in Entertainment Business from Full Sail University. Also, Damian turned me on to "Cha-Cha" a texting service that you can ask any question to and you will get a response with your answer... it's like the magic 8-ball, but for 2008, and the answers are factual (someone does the research and responds) you never get, "Reply hazy, ask again later". My good friend Bobby is back from the mission field of Indonesia, I'm so glad that he is back. ON to something else, Jason Pelt and I are doing a Weigh down campaign to loose some weight, one of the contingencies for this is to actually post our weight on our blogs... so as much as I say I'm fat, I think it may be true, according to "Cha-Cha" the average 6 foot man should weigh between 160-175lbs... Bobby will be good for eternity. I am at 195lbs... granted that is a drop from my earlier 200lbs and my zenith of obesity at a whopping 220lbs (and the funny about that is that was when I was on active duty, I get out and lose close to 30lbs... go figure). I got 20 lbs to go... let's see how well I manage. Sydney is still hilarious, the other night I made dinner for us and a promise to her that if she ate half of her dinner, I would give her some cookies. she did as she promised and so when I go to the pantry to get the cookies I asked her, "Sydney, do you want one cookie or two?" almost certain that she would opt for two she said something that even shocked me... she paused for a second and then replied, "Well... I was thinking maybe three..." I laughed so hard it made the walls shake! I love how my two year old computed the numerical value of three as being more. she is a flat out riot. I will be putting her in Tap Dancing classes for two reasons, 1) she wants to do it and 2) it will undoubtedly entertain the masses, especially me. I used to tap dance for a little while and I want to do all I can to encourage her "Hammyness" my parents did that for me and I think that I'm a pretty out going person. I have home video after home video of me doing all kinds of "performances". every thing from tap dancing in my bathing suit, to singing "Why'd you come in here looking like that?" by Dolly Parton... I don't care what you think... that song was the JAM in 1989. That doesn't include all the random Karate (but let's be real, thery were Ninja moves, ask Josh about "wild-cat") on video tape... I can look back and laugh now, but then, I was doing for real, I was meaning it too. Then there's me rapping (every white boy goes through that phase, plus late 80's was a hot bed for the rap scene) ahhh... random reflections. the reason I can say that my mom and dad encouraged this is simply due to the fact that they recorded it... not like we were somewhere and they happened to catch it in a glimpse. no, it was straight recorded in the basement or kitchen depending on what my mom had going on. there is even a spot on the video where I fire my mom up because she "Didn't introduce me"... you can validate all of these things through Josh, Bobby, Damian or even ask my mom herself at church... she'll let you know... while I assume I will remain the grand poo-bah of hams in the Burke family, I see a rising potential in my heir... Sydney.

7 comments:

Kevin said...

maybe Bobby and I can start a challenge to gain some weight. My metabolism runs at light speed, but i'm constantly eating.

Anonymous said...

the blog world just wasn't the same without mr jonathan burke firing everybody up every five minutes for the past two weeks...:)

Kristen said...

Jonathon I don't know what I've done with myself without this blog. Not laughed as much, that's for darn sure. Glad you're back in full force. You're not allowed to have any strikes while I'm at school or else I'll have to come fire you up :)

jenna sais quann said...

so... i assume that it could be arranged for me to see some of these recorded performances...

keilan said...

Jon, I'm so glad your blog strike is over. And I'm really looking forward to seeing her Hammyness tap dancing.

keilan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you should take father-daughter tap dancing lessons.