Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ahhh.... The 90's

I relate most of my memories to songs (go figure) and these are just a few that remind me of the great 90's... mostly of my brother and the year 1997 (the year I first went to high school)... up until that point, Joshua was just "my brother" but we never really bonded all that much, until high school. I mean we have always been brothers, but we became friends in high school... I didn't appreciate him until I saw the true love he had for me... to be the only Freshman hanging out with Juniors... and not having to ride the school bus the entire time i was in high school (except the time I got 3 "F's" and a speeding ticket for 89 in a 55 all in the same week). and thinking of that, if i could go back to high school, riding the bus isn't so bad when gas is $4 a gallon... I think it was like $1.80 when I was driving... but I digress. back to these songs... I can hear a song and remember in great detail events that were taking place with josh and i while listening to them... I'm certain I have left a few off this list, but when I hear the songs, a smile comes across my face, and it reminds me of the young boy who wanted so much to be just like his bigger brother...

· Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
· R.E.M. "Losing My Religion"
· Pearl Jam "Jeremy"
· Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"
· Metallica "Enter Sandman"
· Beck "Loser"
· Third Eye Blind "Semi-Charmed Life"
· Oasis "Wonderwall"
· Spin Doctors "Two Princes"
· Matchbox Twenty "3 AM"
· Weezer "Buddy Holly"
· The Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches"
· Blues Traveler "Run-Around"
· The Cranberries "Linger"
· Sarah McLachlan "Building a Mystery"
· Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories "Stay"
· Better than Ezra “Desperately Wanting”

i forgot to add anything dave matthews...

2 comments:

D. C. said...

I am proud to say that I know none of the songs you mention but at least have heard of about 5 of the performers. Guess that means I am not too old yet....There was/is actually a group called the Presidents of the United States of America? Live and learn!!

Kevin said...

i too know all of these songs and could probably relate a memory through each of them.