Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Serving in the Army has it's benefits...

I have done it... I have sent my application to VA to get paid by the GI Bill. With all my friends going away to college, I figured I would go ahead a buckle down that chapter of my life as well. The beauty of paying for the GI Bill is this... when I first joined the Army, we were asked if we wanted to pay for the GI Bill, $100 a month for 12 months... Some turned it down, but if you think of it, I was 18, single and owed no one, plus being in Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Advanced Individual Training (AIT) for the majority of that year, it's not like you are gonna be out needing to spend money. best investment of my life... now they are gonna pay me $1321 a month for up to 36 months ($1321 a month + 36 months = $47,556) pretty good return on an investment... So I'm going to Full Sail University and majoring in Entertainment Business. The tentative plan is to accomplish this degree and apply for law school. I have been told by a friend (can't really recall the name) that if I am to become a Virginia BAR certified attorney, that I will be allowed to practice law with him... lofty goals I know... but listen to Peltcast #2 for inspiration. You may ask what does Entertainment Business and Law have to do with each other... three words... Contracts, Trademark and Copyrights... I don't plan on practicing entertainment law, but could if I wanted, I will more than likely want to practice family law. we shall see... let me get the degree first...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i was looking into Full Sail during my college search. it's a top notch school for the entertainment business, definitely. a little too intense for me i decided, but it certainly caught my eye when i thought we were moving to florida...are you taking classes online or how does that work?