Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rough Day...

Today had to be up there with rough days I've had... as you know, I am not a fan of the doctor's thus avoid it altogether... today I was at work (The Pentagon) and having a discussion with my boss... and all of a sudden my vision went blank, my chest felt like it was caving in and my limbs started going numb... my boss "quickly" sprang into a panic running around saying "JONATHAN'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!! JONATHAN'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!!" I was rushed to the pentagon triage center and about 5 people ran in there with me... my shirt was being ripped off, they were attaching EKG pads to me and administering oxygen... I was a little scared, as I had just told Bobby my fear of going to the doctor's.... long story short, they found out I have a case of severe bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection... they made me go home and I had to meet with my personal provider... I met "Dr. V" and gave them the lowdown... I called Bobby, to see if he would go with me... but he couldn't go... so I was stuck to face it alone, actually, Brittany kept me company via text... thanks for that. they did a full work up on me. it started with sticking my finger, not a fan. then chest x-ray, I could handle that one... then the biggest turn-off a blood test... almost passed out, not to mention she had to do it twice... you know I fired her up (that was for you Jenna). my blood work won't be back for a week, however she used the finger stick to see if i was diabetic or not and I am on the line... on the not diabetic side... but i was warned that i a teetering... I have to go back next week so if anyone wants to witness JB in the scared outta his mind mode, volunteer to be my chaperon... I picked up the baby and headed down to King George to visit with my folks and the Garmans, as they are leaving for Iceland soon... a bittersweet event for me... I won't get into the rest of what made my day bad, but i will say this... please pray for Sydney and her new living situation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we could tell you weren't yourself last night, and we were (and are) praying for you, bro. God will walk you through this. Trust Him.

jenna sais quann said...

Duuuuude I made it into the blog :D I'm glad you lived through your doctors experience even solo so that you could come cough next to me at dinner and listen to me stick up for the nurse who drew your blood. I'll see you tonight. If I bring bunny ears or something, will you wear them? as a mascot??