Monday, July 14, 2008

An ode to PCG!!! (and family of course)

I have been going to church for 25 years... I have seen and heard a lot of things across the spectrum... everything from lying to God's name Being praised... and all that are in between. some practical applications that I have learned in church have been: Everything comes by way of a vote. some of these votes are great and some... not so much. for example, at some point (had to be the 80's) there was not only a proposal, but an actual passed vote to install Starlight Blue carpet in the sanctuary... that falls in the category of "not so much". but I'm drawn back to a vote that I remember being a senior in high school, sitting in the gym after a discipleship now youth function and the proposal... add a one Colby J. Garman as our youth pastor. I distinctly remember how fast the unanimous, and by that I mean 100%, vote came back to do just that. One of Stafford Baptist's finer moments in life. The addition of this dynamic young man I would dare say has effected the lives of so many people, probably in the thousands, in such a way that you leave his presence feeling encouraged and refreshed. Not only have I had the privilege to call Colby my pastor over the past years, but I have had the distinct honor of calling him "friend". Colby has helped me through a lot in this past year, my divorce, my attitude, and things unseen by but a few eyes. He has never backed down in his stance on the gospel and his fingerprints are all over the lives of several effective young people of Stafford baptist church. Colby has been a mentor and role model second to none in the time I've known him. I would like to take this time to publicly announce that Colby J. Garman and his lovely wife, Annie are two of the greatest people that anyone could know. My love and prayers go out to you as you impact Iceland the way you have impacted Stafford Baptist Church, and me.

No comments: