Monday, July 14, 2008

Are we making light of God's goodness?

***WARNING!!! THIS BLOG REQUIRES POSTING!*** For the past few days, I have really been struggling with what seems to be plaguing everyone... Discontent. I am specifically speaking about my job... I must say, not in any bragging form, that I am probably one of the best paid people for what I do and probably make more than most people with a Degree my age... Yet I find myself in a constant place of discontentment. Always complaining about where I work, who I work with, etc. The more I think of it, I hear people complaining all the time about where they work, their house, fill in the blank... we complain about everything, or at least I do. The fact of the matter is that God has blessed me with so much and I constantly take it for granted, furthermore, I think I do his goodness an "injustice" by being discontent. you can post to this blog in as little as one word... Yes or no. You can also post as much as you want, but this is the Bottom line question, do we do God's greatness an injustice by having an attitude of discontentment?

2 comments:

Pelt Family said...

Are you discontent because you are in place that God has called you to but and you just don't want to be there or are you discontent because you are in a place that God has not called you to because you are avoiding the place that God has called you to (does that make sense?) I would answer Yes to the first reason and No to the second reason.

Anonymous said...

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

I will add however, in another context, it is not discontentment that is wrong, but indifference. It is not certaintly wrong to be uncontent with your job. it is wrong when i become ungrateful for the job that i have.

discontentment inandof itself is not a bad thing. I'm sure God is uncontent about things (ie; sin the world, state of our salvation. etc.) We must be careful, though, to make sure we thank and PRAISE God for his suffenciency and goodness.

I think in most cases, myself included, we are just ungrateful.

But the good news is...