Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Too busy for this stuff...

Let me first start by saying, I'm not participating in the "BLOG OFF" i will undoubtedly not win such a competition. So many things have happened since my last blog, I guess I really don't ever have anything interesting to write, no one reads this thing anyway... but i digress. as most of you know, especially if you have ever had to deal with me, I am an extremely, busy person. hard to get a hold of, and when you do, I'm usually knee-deep in something else. I am starting to think that i do this intentionally so I don't ponder on wasted opportunity, and things that I could have changed or done differently... what ever the case, it's probably not healthy... I am going to attempt to regiment myself to having a decent bed time (3a.m. is not such a good idea when you get up at 5:15a.m.) things that will NEVER change on my watch are (not in this order) 1) help friends regardless of time constraints, 2) play music and take all feasible opportunities to play with good people, 3) be the best father I can be to Sydney. and 4) spend more time focusing on those things that are more deserving of my time (i.e. studying the bible). As I write this I'm reminded of the play "rent"... before you start getting all fired up about how that is such a terrible play just hear me out... regardless of it's "live for today" or La Vie Boheme (the way of the bohemian) proliferation, there are some practical applications that i have drawn from that movie.... 1) you can blame as many people as you want, but the results of your bad choices are ultimately your own doing. 2) the "live for today" attitude is something to be pondered, most would say that it's wrong... there was a time when I would have said it's wrong, until 5 Nov 2007. i was in a car crash that fractured my spine and broke my ankle, lying on a hospital bed i thought, "If would have died today, how many people would care, further more how many people would care in a year" as morbid as that thought is, the point isn't "how many people like me" but "what kind of impact do i have in the lives of others." I am very forward to tell those people who impact my life how much they mean to me... I value many aspects of many people. and point 3 drawn from this movie, although it was not in the christian connotation, was stand by your friends and love them, even if they are not making the best choices in life....

5 comments:

beckers said...

no slander to come from this persons mouth on the subject of "rent" i liked the movie. and i also think that the points you have drawn from it are thoughts worth pondering. jonathan, to let you know, thanks for being you all the time no matter what! and for makeing me laugh...dude the other day when (on your bday) i had had a ruff day, and after talkin with you and the crew i felt alot better. thank you for that!
ne who later bro!

garmancj@comcast.net said...

"Nobody reads this anyway", hardly close to the truth, I have been waiting for the TLTJPB (The Life and Times...) posting strike to be over. Thanks for the good words. They were an encouragement this morning.

D. C. said...

What a great response to the notion that Life is easy....just don't think about it!!!. Some good wisdom in this post my busy friend.

Kristen said...

i would also like to say that I was very glad to see your blog on the top of Jason's blog roll. i DO read this thing, glad you're posting again :)
AND i wanted you to know that i really appreciate you opening up your lovely house for Bible study, and every other time you have a "get together." i enjoy the times of fellowship we have - everybody knows that JPB's house is always hoppin! ;)

Pelt Family said...

I too was wondering why in the world was TLTJPB at the bottom of the blog roll. I mean please, I have never known JPB at a loss for words.